Yesterday, Illinois joined the growing number of states to provide equality to same-sex partners.
- Marriage equality becomes law in Illinois (cinewsnow.com)
- Illinois Governor Signs Marriage Equality Law At Abraham Lincoln’s Desk (queerty.com)
- “Equality for All” (amcpress.me)
- Another victory for Marriage Equality (elizabethwebb86.wordpress.com)
- The Race To Marriage Equality: Who will come in 15th place?!?! (theblogproject13.wordpress.com)
- Quinn signs Illinois same-sex marriage bill into law (wgntv.com)
It’s news that makes me happy. But it also is depressing that marriage equality is an issue. That people with a dusty old book can demand certain people shouldn’t love one another because of the target of their sexuality.
I don’t mean to be negative about something so positive. But it feels weird that in 2013, the world acts like a bunch of 1900s-ers.
I mean, really. Not only should this graphic be all green. It shouldn’t be news.
It shouldn’t get people upset or think storms and earthquakes will result from pissing off the guy in the sky.